I have been having a poetry drought of sorts lately, partly because I am attempting to write a story. A long one. With chapters. But so as to not let this blog fall into a dormant state, as I have done before, I will post a poem I had to write for English class.
It's a colour poem, talking about the kind of feelings a particular colour evokes in a person. Not necessarily me. :) But if you look closely, there are all five senses in there. A colour poem doesn't have to rhyme, and that, incidentally, is why it is easy - easier - to write. Anyway, enough with the chatter, here is my poem:
Grey is a lone bird
Winging its way
Across an austere sky.
Grey is the soft padding
Of furry kitten feet
Below stealthy cat eyes.
Grey is the heavy smell
Of moisture in the air,
Rain about to come.
Grey is the bittersweet
Taste of chocolate
Darkly smooth on my tongue.
Grey is wrapped in velvet
Silent, soft and
Waiting.
I hope you liked that! It's not very good, but colour poems are really fun to write. You should try it yourself! :) It's up to the poet to interpret what is connected with the colour. For instance, some might find red dangerous and threatening, but others might think it was warm and cheery.
Rachel

No comments:
Post a Comment