Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Mysterious Benedict Society


I'm not only going to use this blog for publishing my works, but also to share stuff (like books) that I've enjoyed. Granted, the book I am posting about now is fairly simple but it remains a favourite.

The Mysterious Benedict Society series by Trenton Lee Stewart has three books: The Mysterious Benedict Society, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, and The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma. (Yes, I know, the names are a mouthful.) The books are about - what else?- the Mysterious Benedict Society, a group of four children and some other interesting characters..
Their goal is to stop the "bad guy", Mr Curtain, from controlling the world. He wants to do so with his Whisperer, a kind of brain washing machine that makes you think he has the power to keep everything under control. The four kids, with their own special talents, have to work together to stop him.

I loved this series - it kept me hooked till the very last page. It's exciting and even funny, with lots of puzzles to solve. Though I recommend it for younger readers, it wouldn't hurt for the others to take a look! :)
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment